Pallet, Inc. Company History
the years, Associated Pallet, Inc. has vertically integrated into
the logging, sawmill, grade lumber, and kiln lumber industries.
It has also expanded its product line into specialty pallet, mine
timber, mulch, chip and sawdust markets.
is a timeline that shows the progression Associated Pallet, Inc.
has made from a small pallet manufacturing company into an unlimited
source for all industrial wood products needs.
- Associated Pallet, Inc. was founded
by Carl "Mickey" Perry with $100 and five employees at
Five Spot (near Cleaton, KY). The first load of pallets they built
was a 42 x 42 for International Harvester.
- The company began sawmill operations to insure a ready supply
of raw materials for pallet manufacturing.
- Automatic nailers replaced hatchets; manufacturing moved to Bremen,
A fleet of tractors and trailers was added to the company's assets
to guarantee on time delivery to its customers.
- Michael D. Perry, Mickey's oldest son, helped form the Perry Hardwood
Lumber division to manufacture and market grade lumber.
- Mine timbers were added to Associated Pallet's product line with
acquisition of Matney Lumber Company in August.
- Perry Hardwood Lumber Fredonia Mill began operations; grading
station and kiln drying facilities were completed. As a result,
grade lumber sales, formerly a by-product of the pallet lumber production
process, started to exceed pallet sales.
- Michael founded Premium Hardwoods,
Inc.; started planning state-of-the-art band mill that would
produce superior sawn lumber for flooring and furniture customers
in a facility designed to maximize the yield from its timber resources.
He had realized that his father's 25 year-old circle sawmill could
not accomplish his dream of expanding into the secondary and finished
- Turbo Max nailing machine was added to pallet production line.
An interesting fact is that the 42 x 42 pallets Mickey built by
hand with 5 men in 16 hours in 1964 can now be built in 2.5 hours
by 3 men.
- After extensive research and development, construction of the
new Premium Hardwoods, Inc. plant began. The project was engineered
by one of the company's employees, Dwight Rickard. Everything from
the ground work to the programming of the state-of-the-art equipment
was almost entirely accomplished by company crews in approximately
- Final sawmill construction was completed in January, and the manufacturing
machinery was totally on-line one month later.
- Michael and his brother Kevin founded Industrial
Drying & Sterilization, a division that specializes in the
treatment of pallets to meet regulations set by national and international
agencies. With Associated Pallet, Inc.'s 35-year experience in manufacturing
custom built pallets and Industrial Drying & Sterilization's
capabilities to kiln dry and heat treat pallets for international
use, both divisions together provide a single source for high quality
dried pallets at an economical price.